In September I'll be taking a break from Marmalade Moon, but I'll still be updating my Pinterest board for Mobile Art & Photography with interesting bits of news. I'll also continue to write my creative journal, where you can follow my creative process, get a peek into my studio, find notes & reflections around illustration, art and design and read the stories behind my work. I hope to see you there!
Lately, I've been thinking about paying more attention to the bigger picture and making room for the people and things that really matter.
For Marmalade Moon this mindset means building blocks of really useful tutorials and guides for harnessing your creativity with your iPhone or iPad. To make room for this development, I'll be slowing down my blogging pace, publishing new posts once a week, on Mondays.
Just now I'm writing a tutorial for how to organise your digital iPhone photos and I've only just put together a new guide for Top Apps for Photo Effects, Filters and Post Processing. Hope you enjoy it!
I'm delighted to introduce free promo codes for interesting art and photo apps as a new club perk for members of Club Marmalade Moon! Promo codes are handed out on a first come, first serve basis and they have been going like hotcakes!
Here's a peek at what's going on in the Marmalade Moon world:
- New in the resources section: New & Noteworthy Apps for Mobile Photography and Art and I've started working on The Artist's Toolbox: Top Art Apps for Sketching, Painting and Applying Painterly Effects.
- Tinkering with my personal portfolio and journal site: Kate England.
- We're just getting started with the first Freestyle Alumni Workshop. Gathering together and planning out our personal iPhoneography projects. It's very exciting!
And with that I leave for a spring break. Time for family, friends and creative expression.
2012 was the year when
- people met and took creative flight and made new friends through the new online classes for mobile art and photography.
- We travelled to Greece (and I have yet to express my experience in images. You'll find a few of my photos in My Year in iPhoneography).
- I redesigned Marmalade Moon giving it a brand new funky and minimalist look and launched The Creative Spark, the newsletter for mobile art alumni.
- You'll find a brand new section with essential resources for mobile art and photography.
- This winter/spring I've opened the doors to two courses for mobile photography and art. I don't plan to teach these courses again until next year.
- During the rest of the year I plan to host a series of "Deep End" workshops for alumni only. The first is on Creative Layers.
- On the blog you'll continue to find a mix of tips, techniques, inspiration and apps for iPhone photography and art.
- Take some time to focus on my own mobile creativity and create a new personal portfolio site for my art and photography.
Many thanks to you who visit Marmalade Moon! Thank you for your continued support of Marmalade Moon and everything I do. Happy New Year!