Getting Started With
A guide to getting started with mobile photography and art
using your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad.
Jumpstart your creativity with mobile photography and art. Harness your creativity with the tool that's already in your pocket, whether it's your iPhone, iPod or iPad.
Step-by-step guides to how to harness your creativity with your iPhone and iPad in 2015.
Tips, Tutorials and Guides for iPhone and iPad Photography & Art
Here you'll find everything from guides to get started, highly recommended go-to photo apps, tutorials to dig deeper, tips and ideas for photo sharing, managing your workflow and how to organise your digital photos.
With a market over saturated with filter and effect apps, it's easy to yearn for something unique, artistic and fresh that lets you express your personal, singular style and expression. Discover the professional grade tools that give you endless creative opportunities and that are easily accessible to both skilled and casual artists.
This guide was updated on Sunday, April 12, 2015.
- The Ease of iPhoneography
- How to Use Multi-Touch Gestures on your iPhone, iPod and iPad
- Keeping an iPhoneography Journal
- Essential Photo Apps
- 15 Essential Smartphone Photography Tutorials
Sharing your photos
- How to Use Flickr
- A Guide to Instagram
- Facegram = Facepalm?
- How to Delete Your Instagram Account
- How to Install and Use Emoji Emoticons
Managing your images
- How to Organize Your Photos on Your iPhone
- How to Automatically Backup Your Mobile Photos With Dropbox
- How to Save an Image to your iPhone, iPod or iPad
Managing your apps
More fun, creative things you can do
- Arranging Your Own iPhoneography Art Show [interview]
- How to Change the Wallpaper on your iPhone, iPod and iPad
- Create Your Own iPhoneography App [interview]
- Before & After, get a peek into the creative process of iPhone art and photography
- You'll find interesting new and noteworthy apps in the Tidbits series on my blog – a mix of inspiration, sparks of genius, beauty, illumination and laughter illustrated with my iPhone photos. Join The Club (it's free), and never miss an update.
Table of Contents: Guides and Tutorials
- Getting Started With iPhone Photography « You Are Here
- 7 Essential Photo Apps
- Top Apps for Photo Effects, Filters and Post Processing
- Top Art Apps for Sketching, Painting and Applying Painterly Effects
- Best Apps for Design and Visual Story Telling